ndo2db Hogging ALL the CPU

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
mrochelle

Re: ndo2db Hogging ALL the CPU

Post by mrochelle »

I believe I can probably add an update on the ndo2db problem machine I have and include today's profile zip for analysis. From our discussion during the conference, I had a cron entry to bounce nagios then ndo2db at 07:15AM every morning as a band aid. I have changed it to only bounce the ndo2db process and am monitoring for the results. :geek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Thanks for the profile!
I had a cron entry to bounce nagios then ndo2db at 07:15AM every morning as a band aid.
Let us know how this is working for you.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
mrochelle

Post by mrochelle »

Update, so far, our morning bounce of the ndo2db process only is working to keep the process stable and monitoring queue balanced. :geek:
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Thanks for the feedback! Eric has been looking into this. We will get back to you as soon as we find out what is causing the issue.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
mrochelle

Post by mrochelle »

Just checking in to see if you have any updates on this problem? I migrated my problem Nagios VM to the same hardware my other Nagios VMs that do not have the problem but no luck. The problem continued on different hardware. :(
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

We're still pushing hard on NDO changes. ndomod is largely done with updates, and ndo2db is being worked on as we speak. We will definitely be letting you know as soon as a testable change is in place!
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
mrochelle

Post by mrochelle »

Well, my problem child server with the frequent ndo2db problem is to the point it will stop scheduled checks in NagiosXI within 1 or 2 hours. I could really use any beta, untested, patch you have if available. Thanks, Marcus :geek:
slansing

Post by slansing »

Hey Marcus, we will let you know when/if something of use may be available for testing. Glad to hear you're willing to help test!
BanditBBS

Post by BanditBBS »

Emergency question to everyone seeing this issue: everyone with this issue virtual? I'm about to give the heck up and tell my boss to order a new blade that will only have RHEL and Nagios, no VM of any sort. I had to babysit my nagios all weekend and as ndo either stated hogging CPU or nagios schedule just stopped, I had to restart the service. Today my server is in such bad shape I finally had to just reboot and now its still acting all crazy. I can't wait til Wednesday night when I plan to offload DB and ndo, but not sure if that's going to help at this point!
2 of XI5.6.14 Prod/DR/DEV - Nagios LogServer 2 Nodes
See my projects on the Exchange at BanditBBS - Also check out my Nagios stuff on my personal page at Bandit's Home and at github
mrochelle

Post by mrochelle »

I know how you feel. Fortunately for me, my problem server is not my primary nagios system but is critical for my network team. It only has 2500 monitors and plenty of hardware to spare. I'm considering rebuilding another image myself. Meanwhile, since the problem only impacts nagiosXI, I have the users working from the Thruk interface (which is basically nagios core) so the problem is transparent to them. While I'm not recommending this by any means, I have cronned a restart of the ndo2db process every 10 mins to keep the nagiosXI interface updated. This is just a band aid until I find a permanent fix or a patch for this problem is released. :geek: