nags voice notification

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
mkeil77

nags voice notification

Post by mkeil77 »

Hi,

we recently integrated our SMS notification with iSMS GSM modem by Multitech.
What we would implement now is voice notification (TTS) without using any kind of internet services.
I already searched quite a bit but could not find any solution which would use any kind of GSM modem.

is there any solution available?

regards
Matthias
tmcdonald

Re: nags voice notification

Post by tmcdonald »

I can't say I can think of any that are free, accurate, and work offline. Usually it's 2 of the 3 at best.

This is a bit outside the scope of our support, but I will leave the thread open for a bit for comments.
Former Nagios employee
mkeil77

Post by mkeil77 »

tmcdonald wrote:I can't say I can think of any that are free, accurate, and work offline. Usually it's 2 of the 3 at best.

This is a bit outside the scope of our support, but I will leave the thread open for a bit for comments.

If you would know one which would be accurate and work offline but not free i would be already more than happy.
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

I usually stick with free and online so I can't recommend a good commercial product personally. Some searching online found the following SO article:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8910 ... ercial-use

You might have more luck asking in a forum dedicated to TTS, as this is not specific to Nagios.
Former Nagios employee