Monitor Weblogic server which is installed on Windows O/S

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Mithilesh

Monitor Weblogic server which is installed on Windows O/S

Post by Mithilesh »

Hi,
I am new to nagios. I want to monitor and e-mail alert for Weblogic Server through Nagios. I know nagios provides wlsagent, but that is for Linux Based O/S only. My Weblogic Server is installed on Windows O/S. Is there any way to monitor Weblogic application server which is installed on Windows O/S. I have already confiured Nagios on Linux and I am monitoring Windows O/S through NSClient++.

Thanks for the help...
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Re: Monitor Weblogic server which is installed on Windows O/

Post by jdalrymple »

Have you tried building wlsagent on Windows? I don't see anything in the wiki that specifically would prevent it from running on Windows.
Mithilesh

Post by Mithilesh »

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I am not able to understand that, how to execute ./run.sh and ./wlsagent.sh on windows machine? These are bash scripts and i think windows doesnt support
bash scripting.
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Post by jdalrymple »

run.sh will have to be reconstructed into a .cmd or .bat or .ps1 or whatever you choose. It just creates the java operating environment and launches the java code.

The wlsagent.sh runs a query and likely could be run from the Nagios server itself to get the results, it would be fairly trivial to recompile into something that runs on Windows though also.

Alternatively - I think that if you adjusted your paths appropriately those existing bash scripts would run fine under cygwin.

I'm not a big believer in Java and WORA - you should probably at least try though before trying to reinvent the plugin yourself - I don't see where that anyone else has either.