Managing SNMP Mibs

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
makemeasandwich

Managing SNMP Mibs

Post by makemeasandwich »

Hello,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpSFs0vyss
any ideas if there is something like this for the Nagios Core version? A plugin ? Maybe there is already some integratation with another mib browser (ireasoning for example)?

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards

makemeasandwich
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Managing SNMP Mibs

Post by ssax »

I haven't seen anything that would add that functionality to core or provide integration with ireasoning.

You can create a feature request at http://tracker.nagios.org and they may add it.
makemeasandwich

Hello ssax,

thanks for the answer.

Do you have any idea or someone else if there is another way to add the imported mibs into a template . I have like 1000 Parameters and dont want to enter them all by hand =P

so that I can use it for more devices and dont have to enter all the parameters into the config file?
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Post by jdalrymple »

So it's a bit awkward to put in Nagios Ideas something we've already developed. The video simply references our commercial product. Something like this would never get added into Nagios Core since it's not directly related to "core monitoring". The aesthetics and convenience features are produced and distributed with the commercial version of XI. If the convenience of the MIB browser/uploader is something you need then maybe it's worth taking NagiosXI for a test drive?
makemeasandwich

Hello jdalrymple,

thats true =) however I thought maybe some people had made some similar plugin for it some time ago or some other way to import all the mibs and make a template out of it

I just wanted to make sure if something like this is already there for nagios core as I think people already had this problem long ago.

Now I know that nobody has made something similar for the nagios core .

Thanks for the help
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Post by jdalrymple »

I did do a quick search for a 3rd part community type project with similar features. I'm quite surprised that it doesn't exist, it seems like it should be trivial to put together.

If you have a Core system with a GUI, local install stuff exists, I just don't see a web based tool. Since nobody else has piped up I must assume there isn't an overabundance of options.

Otherwise - yeah, all we can recommend is check out NagiosXI.

OK to lock this one up?