Different result in web interface and command line

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Box293
Too Basu

Re: Different result in web interface and command line

Post by Box293 »

I have some suggestions for you as I came across a similar problem a while ago.

My biggest tip is to perform ALL of your tests running as the nagios user, as this is how the monitoring engine is going to do it.

Code: Select all

su nagios
then do your tests

NOTE:
su - nagios
This is NOT how the monitoring engine executes the plugin.

Also, some programs detect that you are not running in a terminal session and require a special parameter to overcome this.
For example top requires the -b argument to run in batch mode:

top -n 1 -b
Also, you might be missing some output if it is being redirected to STDERR instead of STDOUT.

You can append your command with 2>&1 to redirect STDERR to STDOUT.

top -n 1 -b 2>&1
Finally, try breaking your code up and echoing the value of just one component. Trying it all in one line can lead to lots of frustration. Start with the first command along with the 2>&1 redirection and see what error you get. If that works add your pipe and next bit of code and test again.

Sorry I don't have a direct answer but these tips should help you pinpoint the problem.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
hafthanhf

Post by hafthanhf »

Thanks you all,
I've fixxed the problem.
I when I investigated the promblem come from expect plugin. U know, when I run expect plugin as nagios user, It gave me the wrong promblem, so I remove some "|" part in the show command that is spawn to destination routers. And it work.
Here is what I changed in expect script:
the old script:

send "show bgp summary | find AS | except inet | no-more | except AS\n"
After editted:

send "show bgp summary | no-more\n"
I don't know how the monitoring engine do when I added many "|" part in expect script but It gives wrong result.
Btw, I want to update this plugin to nagios exchange, but don't know how to remove the old plugin II posted before, plz tell me how :P
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

If you are the original poster, you *should* be able to edit your post on the Nagios Exchange. Can you provide us with a link to the plugin? If you are not able to modify the listing, we can probably do it for you. Let me know if you need help with that.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
hafthanhf

Post by hafthanhf »

lmiltchev wrote:If you are the original poster, you *should* be able to edit your post on the Nagios Exchange. Can you provide us with a link to the plugin? If you are not able to modify the listing, we can probably do it for you. Let me know if you need help with that.
Thanks lmiltchev, I'll edit it myself , but, could you please remove the duplicate post of it, below is the link:
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Pl ... er/details
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Thanks lmiltchev, I'll edit it myself , but, could you please remove the duplicate post of it, below is the link:
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Pl ... er/details
Done.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!