Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
StephMengMeng

Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing

Post by StephMengMeng »

Hi,

I was setting up nrpe on a group of clients servers. Everything went well until I restart nagios3 on the monitor server. All the existing client servers work well in green but suddenly turned red with error 'Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing'. On the monitoring server, check load, user, ssh and total process are green, only check http is red with 127 error code. I checked the plug-in folder and didn't see missing plugin, '/usr/lib/nagios/plugins' and '/usr/local/nagios/libexec'. Would you please take a look?

Thanks!
Stephanie
Box293
Too Basu

Re: Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be miss

Post by Box293 »

What happens when you test the plugin from the Nagios server to the client when at the CLI?

Post that command here along with the full output.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
StephMengMeng

Re: Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be miss

Post by StephMengMeng »

Hi Box293, never mind, after I reinstalled the nagios-plug the error is gone. Thanks for the quick response!