NAS without SNMP support

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Tony.DSTech

Re: NAS without SNMP support

Post by Tony.DSTech »

Yes I can access it via a web ui. I was considering that at one point, but I am not 100% sure where to start with that. I am still a novice in most aspects of the whole computer world. I did, however get my script working, mostly.

Now I'm having issues getting nagios to work with the executable I made from it. It seems that nagios is running the batch file, but the commands will not work for nagios for some reason. The text file comes out blank.

Was going to have task manager run it and put the text file where I need it, or rather, that is where I am now. Sorry if my replies seem sporadic, but I am actually working on this along with some computer fixes that have come in.
Tony Howe
Technician
DSTechsolutions
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Ya, nagios would not be able to scan it just simply due to how windows handles mapped network drives. That drive information will only be available for the actual user that is logged in with it mapped. However when I was referring to mounting it on the nagios or another linux system, I was actually meaning mount it via the mount command which acts nearly identical to windows. Could you share your batch script and maybe we can help clear up the messy characters at the front?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
Tony.DSTech

Post by Tony.DSTech »

Sorry for both the necro and the late replay, this project was shelved due to other work. I just want to say thank you for your help. I managed to get the BlackArmor to report to Nagios with my script and batch file combo. It's a little strange, but I wrote a loop that skipped the spaces and the junk at the beginning was solved by magic. This was my first script ever and I gave myself a crash course in Python to do it, and I wouldn't have if you guys hadn't helped me. Thanks again, I will be active in the forums now, as I am back on this project and have many, many questions.
Tony Howe
Technician
DSTechsolutions