SNMPTT not converting mibs

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ksric

SNMPTT not converting mibs

Post by ksric »

Hi,

I have installed snmptt 1.4 on my Nagios core 3 in a Test box and I have setup snmptrapd and snmptt.ini file as per documentation in snmptt.
I am now trying to run snmpconvertmib utility to convert a cisco MIb file but I am getting constant error as 'Cannot adopt OID'. I am running all the programs using Root user. Do we need to create snmptt user as well.

The error output shows some module files are missing. How and where do I get this?

Someone kindly help.

Regards,
Sricharan
+61-0416629626
Attachments
CISCO-WIRELESS-NOTIFICATION-MIB.txt
MIB file I am trying to load
(32 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
error.txt
Output of snmpconvertmib utility
(5.67 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: SNMPTT not converting mibs

Post by abrist »

The following errors:

Code: Select all

Cannot find module (CISCO-TC): At line 31 in /usr/share/snmp/CISCO-WIRELESS-NOTIFICATION-MIB.my
Cannot find module (CISCO-SMI): At line 33 in /usr/share/snmp/CISCO-WIRELESS-NOTIFICATION-MIB.my
Imply that the MIB you are trying to add requires 2 other MIBS: CISCO-TC and CISCO-SMI.
The subsequent "Cannot Adopt" errors are derivatives of those missing MIB errors. You will need to install/convert those two MIBS first.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
ksric

Re: SNMPTT not converting mibs

Post by ksric »

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Sricharan