Weblogic JMX Issues

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
spgreddy

Weblogic JMX Issues

Post by spgreddy »

Hi,

currently I tried to use the check_jmx plugin for weblogic server. But it returns the below issue. Please let me know how check_jmx works for weblogic server also find the below exception details.
(Admin server running on 10.136.229.129:7001)

[root@hydhtc119964 libexec]# ./check_jmx -U service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://10.136.229.129:7001/jmxrmi -O java.lang:type=Memory -A HeapMemoryUsage -K used -I HeapMemoryUsage -J used -vvvv -w 4248302272 -c 5498760192
JMX CRITICAL Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException] connecting to java.lang:type=Memory by URL service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://10.136.229.129:7001/jmxrmijava.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException]
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:323)
at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:248)
at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:207)
at org.nagios.JMXQuery.connect(JMXQuery.java:53)
at org.nagios.JMXQuery.main(JMXQuery.java:75)
Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException]
at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:101)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.lookup(GenericURLContext.java:185)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:1871)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:1841)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:257)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:286)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:322)
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:97)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:250)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:228)
... 13 more
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

Have you configured the server to support jmx remoting? Usually errors dealing with the RMI stub are due to jmx remote configuration issues. How are you starting weblogic? There should be a few env vars set in the startup script for weblogic that allow remote connections through the jmx protocol. Have you configured these?

Just an FYI: Most people check weblogic with wlsagent:
http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagi ... ios-XI.pdf

EDIT: I edited the thread subject so as to better reflect the nature of the question. I presume this may have been split off from another thread but it retained the old subject.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
spgreddy

Re: Weblogic JMX Issues

Post by spgreddy »

Hi,

Please let me know the which parameters required to configure as part of weblogic and also specify the environment variables need to set in the startup script of weblogic. Please help me to support nagios for weblogic environment.

Regards,
Siva
tmcdonald

Re: Weblogic JMX Issues

Post by tmcdonald »

Did you read through the doc that abrist posted? It should be all you need for setting up wlsagent to check a weblogic installation.
Former Nagios employee