generate historical report (cpu, memory etc) in nagios core

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
qatestingqa

generate historical report (cpu, memory etc) in nagios core

Post by qatestingqa »

Nagios Core DIY Source (Free) is installed in Linux (ubuntu) and connected 1 windows xp as host to Nagios core. we are able to see the live status of host services. Now we would like to generate / download the historical status of services like CPU, Memory, Disk Space and Network Utilization etc. Please help me in solving this issue.
Million Thanks in Advance.
slansing

Re: generate historical report (cpu, memory etc) in nagios c

Post by slansing »

You can view a couple reports which have roughly the same information, one being the Event Log, and the other being Alert Summary. If these do not offer what you are looking for, you are going to want to take a look at some of the reporting capabilities of Nagios XI and see if that is available for core from the exchange, or another trusted source:

http://exchange.nagios.org/
qatestingqa

Post by qatestingqa »

slansing wrote:You can view a couple reports which have roughly the same information, one being the Event Log, and the other being Alert Summary. If these do not offer what you are looking for, you are going to want to take a look at some of the reporting capabilities of Nagios XI and see if that is available for core from the exchange, or another trusted source:

http://exchange.nagios.org/
Thank you again for your quick response.

I will try and see if that is help full

Thanks
MB
slansing

Post by slansing »

Great, let us know.
qatestingqa

Post by qatestingqa »

slansing wrote:Great, let us know.
Hello:

We went through the Event Log and Alert Summary, This basically captures changes / events that occur in the system. with respect to reporting capabilities we could not find approved / working reporting capability ad dons for nagios core.

I will brief Our Requirement once again, We run our services on multiple windows systems, we want to capture following said items with respect to performance / health of the systems while running our services, We use Nagios for monitoring these services, It has centralized access to all these hosts and want to use / create the reports based on Time / services.

Reports
CPU
Memory
Disk Utilization
Network Utilization

Thanks
MB
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

The closest you might get is something like this:

http://<server>/nagios/cgi-bin/avail.cgi?host=localhost&service=Current+Load&show_log_entries

Otherwise if the listings on Exchange don't do what you need, then either you'll want to look into Nagios XI or develop the reports in-house. You can also talk to our Sales department about custom development.
Former Nagios employee
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Core by default does not provide reporting for things such as metrics throughout a services lifetime or a time period. It would only provide reports for internal information to core such as state changes, not perfdata. If you are looking for specific information about the metrics collected, not alert history or state history, you will have to use something third-party such as pnp4nagios or move to nagios XI where this would be made available through the XI interface.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.