Nagios Availability Report Insufficient Data

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Erlington

Nagios Availability Report Insufficient Data

Post by Erlington »

Hello Guys, I know this a known issue but none of the solutions I found worked for me.

I added a host on August, 19th and today I wanted to make a monthly availability report. The thing is if a choose a monthly report period it shows insufficient data. Touching report period I realized I have a complete report from Today to Last Week report period. How is it possible? archives folder permissions are OK:

drwxrwsr-x 2 nagios nagios 12288 Sep 24 23:59 archives

By the way, just this host is presenting this anormal behavior...
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Nagios Availability Report Insufficient Data

Post by sreinhardt »

what timeperiod do you have the source set to retain information for? Are other sources set to this same period?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
Erlington

Post by Erlington »

"what timeperiod do you have the source set to retain information for?" I don't really understand this...

Are other sources set to this same period? Yes , and availability report works fine for anyone else.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Specifically regarding the source that you are having issues with:

How long has this source existed on the network analyzer server?
How long is the source retention period set to, you can view this on the source detail pages or main page.

In regards to all sources on this server:

Are other sources that are working, set to the same retention period as the source with issues?
Are the other sources that are working, older, newer, or about the same age as the one with issues in relation to being added to the NNA server?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
Erlington

Post by Erlington »

How long has this source existed on the network analyzer server?
-Since August 19th, 2014

How long is the source retention period set to, you can view this on the source detail pages or main page.
-I really don't know because I didn't install this Nagios Server, but If it helps I have some hosts since January and the report works great.

Are other sources that are working, set to the same retention period as the source with issues?
Yes they are, some of them since January

Are the other sources that are working, older, newer, or about the same age as the one with issues in relation to being added to the NNA server?
Most of them are older and no problems so far, newest ones either.

P.D: Perhaps if you change Alias or hostname in host object definitions it could be treat as a entire new host?. Because some of my team could have done this due to a hostname typo....

Thanks for your help in advance
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

You can check the retention time on just about any page that displays the source information. Specifically though, if you edit a source it will show the retention windows at the bottom of your settings. This is very important, as if NNA is not set to collect for at least a period of 1 month, you would not be able to create a report for that period, general rule is that you can only create a report for as far back as the source is collecting data, otherwise the information goes off into nothingness. You might actually be able to create something for further back, but chances are that it will be fairly empty.
Erlington

Post by Erlington »

Apparently there is nothing I can do here, since the source begins at September 09 instead of August 19th. Dropping me into the next question, was it a bug? could a hostname changing involved on this? is there a way to set different report periods than defaults (Today, Last 24 hours, Yesterday, This week, Las 7 Days, Last Week, This Month, Last 31 Days, Last Month, This year, Last Year) ?

Many thanks for your time
Kind Regards
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but is this a Nagios Core question or a Nagios Network Analyzer question? It's posted in the Nagios Core section but NNA is being mentioned. Those are two very different products.
Former Nagios employee
Erlington

Post by Erlington »

I have no idea. My issue is with Nagios Core 4.0.2.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

I have no idea. My issue is with Nagios Core 4.0.2.

Let's clarify this. You question is about a problem with the Availability Report in Nagios Core and has nothing to do with Nagios Network Analyzer, correct? Can you show us a screeshot of the report/error?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!