Can't locate Nagios/Plugin.pm in @INC

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Can't locate Nagios/Plugin.pm in @INC

Post by sreinhardt »

As with nagios plugins, this should be available through yum. You if you need uuid, you might as well do:

yum install uuidd e2fsprogs
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
braindope

Post by braindope »

Hi Sir,

I already install e2fsprogs for UUID through yum, and i am now installing vmware-vsphere-cli-distrib for me to be able to use the plugins check_esx.pl . But when im trying to do ./vmware-install.pl for installation, the error below shows.
sh: dpkg-query: command not found
libssl-dev 0.9.7 is required for encrypted connections.
Please install libssl-dev version 0.9.7 or greater.

e2fsprogs is not installed on the system

e2fsprogs 1.38 is required for UUID.
Please install e2fsprogs 1.38 or greater.
Update:
i've installed dkpg pakage and a new error shows.
dpkg-query: failed to open package info file `/var/lib/dpkg/status' for reading: No such file or directory
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

I am I misunderstanding that this is a CentOS system? You should never be using dpkg on cent, rpm and yum are the only base package managers. If this is a Cent system, you should remove all packages installed by dpkg and dpkg its self. I see that's somehow part of vmware install, which I don't recall it ever doing before on centos systems. So in the end, you are attempting to install vmware tools on your nagios system correct?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
braindope

Post by braindope »

Hi Sir,

Yes it is a CENTOS (5.11 Final), I didn't know that , all this time i've been trying to do an impossible. All i want to do is install a plugins( vmware-vsphere) which will monitor my VM's thru nagios. I will try a different approach on this, i'll let you know if i will be successful. Thank for all the help and patience on replying to my post. Hope you still answer my question in the future :D
braindope

Post by braindope »

Hi Everyone,

I have successfully installed the plugins to monitor my VM's. Thank you so much for all the guys who are constantly replying to my post. Without your inputs i will not be able to realize what i am doing wrong.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

Glad it's working.
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!