Segmentation fault: 11 on statusjson.cgi

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
dbcall2

Segmentation fault: 11 on statusjson.cgi

Post by dbcall2 »

Hi,

I've installed nagios core on my MacBook Pro (Mavericks) and I'm having difficulty getting the web interface to work. The install was done using home-brew and I've followed every setup instruction I can find. I see the main page when loading "localhost/nagios" after being forced to log in. However, on the page itself, the status can not be established nor do any of the navigation links on the left side of the page.

In the apache error_log I'm seeing this entry:
[Tue Oct 21 15:29:08 2014] [error] [client ::1] Premature end of script headers: statusjson.cgi, referer: http://localhost/nagios/main.php
When I try to execute the statusjson.cgi file directly (after setting the REQUEST_HEADER="GET" env variable) I'm seeing this:
Cache-Control: no-store
Pragma: no-cache
Last-Modified: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 22:37:30 GMT
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Content-type: application/json; charset=utf-8

Segmentation fault: 11
This seems to jive with the premature end of script headers seen in the apache log. I'm currently at a total loss as to what to do next.... Any help very greatly appreciated.

Blessings,
Brian
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Segmentation fault: 11 on statusjson.cgi

Post by abrist »

What version of core are you running? There was a bug that caused this in the past - but I believe it was fixed in 4.0.8 . . .
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.