Exclude specific tables in check_oracle_health

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
yitzyb

Exclude specific tables in check_oracle_health

Post by yitzyb »

Hi.

We use the http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Pl ... th/details (check_oracle_health) plugin and I was wondering if anyone knows how to set an exception to exclude certain tables from the TableSpace Usage check.

Thanks.
tmcdonald

Re: Exclude specific tables in check_oracle_health

Post by tmcdonald »

I didn't see a specific exemption flag in the usage. Can you give an example of one of the checks you are running with it?
Former Nagios employee
yitzyb

Post by yitzyb »

One of the checks is DB Tablespace Usage. After a discussion with our DBA, he informed me that there are tables named UNDOTS that do not need to be monitored. He asked me if we could add an exception to the check to ignore those tables. The attached screenshot shows the specific check to which I am referring.
Attachments
db_tablespace_usage.PNG
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

I believe tmcdonald was hoping for a command example. I can see that it is checking the undots table. How do you have the command currently setup, and have you tried modifying it in any way to exclude that table?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.