Chk services after host is up for x min (or other solution)

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
dariopalermo

Re: Chk services after host is up for x min (or other soluti

Post by dariopalermo »

Yes, it works. Nagios will now allow, however, dependent_servicegroup_name key if no dependent_host_name is defined and you have to make a 1 to 1 service dependecy for every host: from a single service dependency I now have (for 4 dependent services) 8 service dependencies in the configs.

And adding more hosts requires some work, where the initial solution makes the operation very easy.

Bye, Dario
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

The host/service group dependency thing looks a lot like my post/bug: http://support.nagios.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=28200
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

I would agree, it looks similar, but probably not identical. Same family of bug and area of the code though, almost definitely! I know post ndo changes, which isn't too far off, back to core he goes, and I would be happy to prod him a bit on this one.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
dariopalermo

Post by dariopalermo »

Sorry for the late response, didn't have much time to spend on the matter. Anyway, it works if I put the 2 directives you pointed out, but doing so I'll have to define every single dependency, and that's a huge work to do and keep updated.

Bye
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

dariopalermo wrote:and that's a huge work to do and keep updated.
Yeah, though it may be the only feasible way to do this atm.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.