Nagiosgraph regular expression issues - map file

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
storkie2010

Nagiosgraph regular expression issues - map file

Post by storkie2010 »

I am trying to setup some basic graphs for our Windows server disk usage. The Nagios plugin check_wmi_plus.pl returns information in both Nagios output and performance data - but I'm only interested in the output. Examples below of full info from perfdata.log.

1417703665||UCSEEREP01||Disk C: Capacity||OK - C: Total=31.90GB, Used=21.81GB (68.4%), Free=10.09GB (31.6%)||'C: Space'=21.81GB; 'C: Utilisation'=68.4%;
1417771470||QLXTS1||Disk C: Capacity||WARNING - [Triggered by _FreeGB<5] - C: Total=33.88GB, Used=30.44GB (89.9%), Free=3.44GB (10.1%)||'C: Space'=30.44GB; 'C: Utilisation'=89.9%;

Here's what I have in my map file (note: I have deleted all other specific checks);

/output:([A-Z]): Total=([\d.])GB, Used=([\d.])GB [\d().\%], Free=([\d.])GB [\d().\%]*/
and push @s, [ 'disk',
[ 'Total_Gb', GAUGE, $3 ],
[ 'Used_Gb', GAUGE, $4 ],
[ 'Free_Gb', GAUGE, $5 ] ];

I have tested my regex via the excellent tool http://www.regexplanet.com/advanced/perl/index.html and its correctly picking out the data into array elements;

$array[0]=C
$array[1]=31.90
$array[2]=21.81
$array[3]=10.09

$array[0]=C
$array[1]=33.88
$array[2]=30.44
$array[3]=3.44

I've tried many different variations of my regex, RRD database namd and key names but am just going round in circles!

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

I don't particularly want to tweak my wmi plugin to export the data in perfdata as it should be possible to get this working from command output.
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Nagiosgraph regular expression issues - map file

Post by abrist »

storkie2010 wrote:but I'm only interested in the output.
This plugin should already return performance data. What version of the plugin are you using?
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
storkie2010

Post by storkie2010 »

It returns some perf data, but it doesn't have the information i want to graph.

I'm using version 1.59 - the latest version.

Thanks
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

If it is outputting all that data are status information and not perfdata information (the data displayed after the | character) then you may need to write a wrapper script that will mirror the regular status information as properly-formatted perfdata information.
Former Nagios employee