MacOSX NCPA 1.7.1 and 1.7.2: Not recognizing plugins

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
fermatcapital

Re: MacOSX NCPA 1.7.1 and 1.7.2: Not recognizing plugins

Post by fermatcapital »

jolson wrote:I understand that 'staff' and 'nagcmd' currently have the same GID, however I would like you to change all file and directory permissions that are currently 'staff' to 'nagcmd' and see if that helps. Thank you!
I have. Several times before coming to this site. I was verifying user and groups, which led me to seeing that the group IDs of staff and nagcmd were identical. As I understand, underneath are group id numbers and not names. The name of the group is a bit arbitrary in the fact that staff seems to take precedence over nagcmd when looking up the group ID. So as long as the group ID is fine, we should be good?

But here I go again!
  • sudo chgrp -R nagcmd /usr/local/ncpa
  • sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.nagios.ncpa.*
  • sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.nagios.ncpa.*
Same results.
fermatcapital

Post by fermatcapital »

Has anyone used this package on a Maverick/Yosemite OS X system?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

According to the NCPA documentation:
Note
The install process on Mac OS X is still experimental. If you would like to help make this process better, please get in contact with the author (whose address can be found at the bottom of the page.)
http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/ncpa ... n-mac-os-x

Unfortunately, we are not able to test this on Maverick/Yosemite in-house. I would recommend contacting the NCPA developer directly on GItHub. You can post a new issue here:
https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/ncpa/issues
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
fermatcapital

Post by fermatcapital »

ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Awesome, thank you for posting the fix! I'll be marking this as resolved and locking the topic, feel free to create another one if you experience any additional issues.