check_nrpe no such file or directory

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
uinthas

check_nrpe no such file or directory

Post by uinthas »

Hello,

I am migrating my existing nagios 4.08 core from an Ubuntu server running 12 to Ubuntu 14. I have installed nagios core from source, copied all my .cfg files from /usr/local/nagios/etc to the new server and all my cfg files from /usr/local/nagios/objects to the new server. Everything seems to be running fine with the exception of services that use check_nrpe. I get ((No output on stdout) stderr: execvp(/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe, ...) failed. errno is 2: No such file or directory) and when I test it from the server via command /usr/local/ngios/libexec/check_nrpe I get no such file or directory. The plugin is there, I have given it full permissions and changed the owner to Nagios. I have also even moved the check_nrpe form my old server and still get the same thing. I'm pretty lost at this point and am looking for some help. Also as I side not I can not just upgrade from Ubuntu 12 to 14 I am having major issues with the serve so I just built a new one.
Last edited by uinthas on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Re: check_nrpe no such file or directory

Post by jdalrymple »

uinthas wrote:/usr/local/ngios/libexec/check_nrpe
Are you spelling nagios properly when you try to execute it?

If you cant simply run the executable and get some output something is terrifically wrong with your Linux install, or your nrpe binary:

Code: Select all

[jdalrymple@localhost libexec]$ file check_nrpe
check_nrpe: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, not stripped
[jdalrymple@localhost libexec]$ ./check_nrpe
Incorrect command line arguments supplied

NRPE Plugin for Nagios
Copyright (c) 1999-2008 Ethan Galstad (nagios@nagios.org)
Version: 2.15
Last Modified: 09-06-2013
License: GPL v2 with exemptions (-l for more info)
SSL/TLS Available: Anonymous DH Mode, OpenSSL 0.9.6 or higher required
uinthas

Post by uinthas »

Yes sorry I misspelled it on my post, it's right on my server...
uinthas

Post by uinthas »

I just created a brand new Ubuntu 14.04 server, ran all the updates and followed this guide http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/ub ... z3VbUh7ZR3 Nagios starts up just fine but still the same problem with check_nrpe. It's a fresh install have not migrated over anything I simply run the command: /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe and I get No such file or directory found.. every other plugin works just fine, dont gtet it....
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Can you run check_nrpe manually from the CLI? What output does it provide?
Former Nagios employee
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Post by jdalrymple »

Run the file command on your check_nrpe binary as indicated by my post above:

Code: Select all

[root@localhost libexec]# file check_nrpe
check_nrpe: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, not stripped
uinthas

Post by uinthas »

Yes that is what i have been doing...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Post by jdalrymple »

Something went haywire with your plugins install I think. You should probably recompile and reinstall them. Save your config logs in the event that it doesn't work again so we can look over them.

Either that or your Linux is insane - as I indicated earlier.
uinthas

Post by uinthas »

check_nrpe is suppose to be in the plugins installation correct? I think that is the problem I am having, I have complied and installed 3 times now on 2 separate servers, there is no check_nrpe I think I just moved it over on my original build from the old server, I am downloading nagios-plugins-2.0.3.tar.gz straight from Nagios site.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

check_nrpe is NOT part of the plugins package.

Here's some guides for installing it on Ubuntu:

https://sites.google.com/a/box293.com/n ... 4---GitHub
https://sites.google.com/a/box293.com/n ... ourceForce
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.