Not getting any warning mail from nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
gopukrishnantec

Re: Not getting any warning mail from nagios

Post by gopukrishnantec »

Hello Expertise,
In your post, I can see you had issues with mail delivery since you were not sending the emails from a valid domain name. My case is different. I do have a valid domain name though I masked it with another name here in the public post. I am able to receive alerts such as flapping alerts and the mail issue is only with disk alerts for certain hosts. I have copied the service definition of those in my first post.

As jdalrymple said, I checked the notification section and i couldnt see the service entry there. So I am concerned that it is something else. I am pasting configuration of that host again if you need.

Code: Select all

define host{
        use                     generic-host_dd            ; Name of host template to use
        host_name               test1
        alias                   Production server1
        address                IP
        hostgroups              teste-Server
        }
define service{
        use                             generic-service_dd         ; Name of service template to use
        host_name                       test1
        service_description             Disk Space
        check_command                   check_nrpe_1arg!check_hda1
#        check_command                   check_all_disks!20%!10%
        }
full command definition is available at the first section of this posts.

Thanks,
G
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Not getting any warning mail from nagios

Post by tgriep »

For a test, try setting the following for your contacts to see if that gets the notifications to work for you.

Code: Select all

host_notifications_enabled              1
service_notifications_enabled           1
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!