Nagios Reactor

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ziedmahjoub

Nagios Reactor

Post by ziedmahjoub »

Hi nagios team ,

Nagios Reactor must be installed after Nagios COre or it can be installed alone ?

thanks
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Nagios Reactor

Post by ssax »

We recommend that you install Nagios Reactor on a separate server, that being said, we have seen people install it on the same server. Make sure to take snapshots/backups before trying it.
ziedmahjoub

Post by ziedmahjoub »

ssax wrote:We recommend that you install Nagios Reactor on a separate server, that being said, we have seen people install it on the same server. Make sure to take snapshots/backups before trying it.
Nagios Reactor = Nagios Core + fix problems ?
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

I am not sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate?
Former Nagios employee
ziedmahjoub

Post by ziedmahjoub »

tmcdonald wrote:I am not sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate?
i mean nagios reactor can do what nagios core does and more ?
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

No, Reactor is in addition to Core/XI, Reactor is the automation engine and doesn't have the Core/XI functionality.
ziedmahjoub

Post by ziedmahjoub »

i've downloaded it and install it , so how now can i put make a link between Nagios reactor and Nagios Core Knowing that each one is in a seperate server .

thanks Nagios team
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Are you asking how to add a web link in the interfaces or are you asking how to have reactor take action?

You are going to be using event handlers for working with reactor, the thread below gives some good information on the basics (it's in relation to XI but event handlers are in both and it's relevant).

http://support.nagios.com/forum/viewtop ... 30&t=30808

More specifically:
tmcdonald wrote:Correct, event handlers in XI/[Core] are not the same as in Reactor. Reactor doesn't really have "event handlers" in the sense that XI does, they just have Event Chains which can do certain things. Similar concept though.

However, in order to manually run a chain in Reactor, go to Event Chains, then click the name of the chain you want to run. Click "More Info" and you will see some additional information including a URL to run the chain directly via a HTTP GET or POST request. It will look similar to the following:

Code: Select all

http://192.168.1.100/nagiosreactor/index.php/api/eventchain/1/run?api_key=dd1720efe6750330f416f31610e3464b
And:
tmcdonald wrote:If you click the "POST" method on that page I sent you to it will give example usage:

Code: Select all

curl --data 'api_key=dd1780e0e6750330f416f81610e3664b' http://192.168.1.100/nagiosreactor/index.php/api/eventchain/1/run
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

ziedmahjoub

Post by ziedmahjoub »

ssax wrote:Are you asking how to have reactor take action?
I mean this