Check_nt process returns service not running in GUI

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
xerez

Check_nt process returns service not running in GUI

Post by xerez »

Hi, I am trying monitoring a process (explorer.exe) from a computer, but in the Nagios GUI the field "Status Information" shows "Explorer.exe: not running".

However I when execute this command:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H <IP> -p 12489 -s <password> -v PROCSTATE -d SHOWALL -l explorer.exe
It returns:

explorer.exe: Running
I know that this proccess is running. Any solution?

Thanks!
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Re: Check_nt process returns service not running in GUI

Post by jolson »

in the Nagios GUI the field "Status Information" shows "Explorer.exe: not running".
I am interested to know if the status is 'OK' or 'Critical'.

Can you post the appropriate portions of your commands.cfg and your host config file?

What happens if your run the following command as the user 'nagios'?

su - nagios

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H <IP> -p 12489 -s <password> -v PROCSTATE -d SHOWALL -l explorer.exe
Twits Blog
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.
xerez

Post by xerez »

Finally I got to fix it. In windows.cfg I changed "Explorer.exe" for "explorer.exe" and it worked.

Thanks for your reply.
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Post by jolson »

No problem - thanks for reporting back with your fix! I'll lock this thread - feel free to open a new one if you have further questions or issues.
Twits Blog
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.