Error monitor printer with Nagios on CentOS

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
lamchitan1009

Error monitor printer with Nagios on CentOS

Post by lamchitan1009 »

Hi All,

I am new on Nagios, I have this problem (CentOS 6.6, Nagios-4.0.8, Nagios-Plugin-2.0.3)

I have this massage:
1. (No output on stdout) stderr: execvp(/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp_printer, ...) failed. errno is 2: No such file or directory
2. (No output on stdout) stderr: execvp(/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_hpjd, ...)

Despite trying to reinstall Nagios-plugin but still error.

Find the path to find 2 files (check_hpjd and check_snmp_printer) but can not find them

We wish the help and sharing of the people in the forum.
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Re: Error monitor printer with Nagios on CentOS

Post by jdalrymple »

check_snmp_printer is not part of the Nagios plugins package.

check_hpjd is - however it's only going to be compiled and installed if you have the necessary prerequisites, namely net-snmp-devel. Do you?
evilrobot

Post by evilrobot »

check_hpjd is - however it's only going to be compiled and installed if you have the necessary prerequisites, namely net-snmp-devel. Do you?
I could not figure out why check_hpjd was not installing on my nagios machine, this was the problem. I'm using Ubuntu so I needed libsnmp-dev instead of net-snmp-devel, but after I installed that and reinstalled the plugins it is working. Thank you!!
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

I'll be closing this thread now, but feel free to open another if you need anything in the future!
Former Nagios employee