Nagios Privilege

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
kenneth59

Nagios Privilege

Post by kenneth59 »

Hi there,

I'm encountering a problem with my Nagios system and could use some assistance. Recently, there was a change in the group privilege settings of our Nagios folder from a mixture of root, nagios, and apache to just user nagios. Since then, we've been experiencing issues with pinging, and both the monitoring engine and performance grapher are not running properly.

After reverting the group settings back to their previous state, the pinging has resumed normal operation. However, the monitoring engine and performance grapher remain inactive. I'm seeking guidance on how to identify the root cause of this issue and resolve it effectively.

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.
gwesterman

Re: Nagios Privilege

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @kenneth59,

Have you tried restarting the monitoring engine and the performance grapher (either via the GUI or the CLI)?

If that isn't working, what is the output of:

Code: Select all

systemctl restart nagios
and

Code: Select all

systemctl restart npcd
?

Let us know what you find.

Thank you!
kenneth59

Post by kenneth59 »

I'm encountering an issue with starting the Nagios service via the web interface. When attempting to start the service by clicking the gear icon, an error message appears, stating, "An error has occurred processing your request."

When running the command on the CLI, the service restarts without any problems. However, the issue persists when trying to initiate it through the web interface.
kg2857

Post by kg2857 »

Check the status from the shell after starting via the web page.
A guess is that the web user has to sudo to start the service and it's disabled.
kenneth59

Post by kenneth59 »

I'm unsure if I conducted the check correctly. Please advise if my method is incorrect.
I attempted to examine the ls -l/var/www/html/ command.
The results appear to be okay:
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root index.php
kenneth59

Post by kenneth59 »

Hi,

May I know how to raise a support ticket?
cnorell
Developer

Post by cnorell »

kenneth59,

To open a ticket, go to the Nagios Answerhub and sign in. If you have the entitlements to do so, you will be able to open a ticket.

Best Regards,

Cory Norell
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
kenneth59

Post by kenneth59 »

Noted. Thank you very much for your help.