Dashboard save icon not working

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
PSI-Admin

Dashboard save icon not working

Post by PSI-Admin »

I am testing out the log server on a free trial copy. I've been doing everything fine until now when the save button is greyed out and and doesn't turn red or green. I am unable to save anything so my dashboard resets when I close or refresh the tab. I've used it for 2 days now and this just started this morning. Is this an intended feature of the trial copy or is this a glitch of some sort? I checked the home page, and it says I am running on the latest version of Nagios Log Server as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gwesterman

Re: Dashboard save icon not working

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @PSI-Admin,

It sounds like you are editing an existing dashboard. In order to save it, you have to give it a unique name. Namely, rather than trying to hit the save button, click the downward-pointing arrow directly to the right, give it a new name, and save it either as a normal dashboard or a global dashboard.

Let us know if this works for you and if you have any other questions.

Thank you!
PSI-Admin

Post by PSI-Admin »

My Dashboard I'm currently editing has a unique name and is saved as a normal dashboard. After I give it a new name and save it as either normal dashboard or a global dashboard it still does not let me save the dashboard.
jsimon

Post by jsimon »

Hi @PSI-Admin,

I agree there's something odd going on with this functionality. I am able to edit some dashboards, but not others, particularly after saving a new dashboard. I've logged an issue for this. In the meantime, are you able to work around this issue by making changes to your dashboard and saving them as a new dashboard?
PSI-Admin

Post by PSI-Admin »

That will work in the meantime, is there going to be a fix for it eventually?
Thanks.
jsimon

Post by jsimon »

I don't have a timeline for you, but I did create an issue report for the bug in our development queue.