ndo2db Hogging ALL the CPU

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
mrochelle

Re: ndo2db Hogging ALL the CPU

Post by mrochelle »

After successful results in test, I applied the patch to our problem child. The results so far are outstanding! The problem immediately cleared up and ndo2db cpu usage remains less than 1 percent. I'm attaching a couple of pictures for details. We will continue to monitor over the weekend.
Ndo2db Percent CPU Utilization ( Patch applied at 22:15 )
ndo2db_cpu_12192014.JPG
Dashboard after Master ndo patch
Nagprod01-corp_Dashboard_12142014.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Thanks for the update Marcus! Hopefully it stays this way, I'll be sure to pass along the good news to our developer!!
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
mrochelle

Post by mrochelle »

Just an update to indicate the system has ran all weekend without any problems. The new ndoutils code looks very promising. :geek:
ps This makes for a very nice Christmas gift. :)
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Let's see how Bandit, mikew, and any others in the thread work out with the patch.
Former Nagios employee