[Guide / HowTo] NRDP for Nagios Core on CentOS 7.x

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
l2g

[Guide / HowTo] NRDP for Nagios Core on CentOS 7.x

Post by l2g »

I got around to doing a part 2 to my original blog entry here. I don't think NRDP is being pushed enough for it's goodness. I had to create several patches for it to play nicely with CentOS (7.x) but it works great now.

I documented how useful it is and easy to set up here for those who are interested:

NRDP for Nagios Core on CentOS 7.x

Hopefully this will help some people out!
tmcdonald

Re: [Guide / HowTo] NRDP for Nagios Core on CentOS 7.x

Post by tmcdonald »

I'm just going to go ahead and get in touch with our Marketing team, see if we can get this promoted somewhere :)

Awesome writeup! Very in-depth. Haven't read it cover-to-cover yet but the layout and payload breakdown are amazing.
Former Nagios employee
l2g

Post by l2g »

Thank you! :)

I plan on posting part 3 tomorrow (on NRPE)!

I spent a good time packaging up and testing NRPE v3.0.1 into RPMs with SELinux support of course. I noticed the CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora world is still trucking along with v2.15.
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Looking forward to it, your first one was well written and I already linked to it once yesterday. Keep us posted!
Former Nagios Employee
l2g

Post by l2g »

Ha, thanks!

I created it's own thread (if you don't mind) here. Feel free to lock this thread up as you did the rest if you want.