notification_interval maximum value

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
alanclar

notification_interval maximum value

Post by alanclar »

What is the maximum acceptable value for notification_interval (for a service configuration) that is accepted by Nagios XI.
I have tried to use a value of 1440 in the CCM bulk modification tool, but after using the tool, if I bring up the configuration of the service, Nagios has set the value to 0. This indicates that in the parsing of the modification, some limit on notification_interval has bee exceeded.
There is no mention of an upper limit on notification_interval in the Nagios documentation.

This question was asked in the forum before:
https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=49454

The answer that was given was:
Postby lmiltchev » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:53 pm
I just spoke to our developers about this - notification_interval is a double, so the limitation is 1.79769e+308... :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=maximum+double+value+c
This did not really answer the question. Variable size does not necessarily mean that a certain value will be accepted by Nagios.

What is the maximum acceptable value for notification_interval?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: notification_interval maximum value

Post by lmiltchev »

This did not really answer the question. Variable size does not necessarily mean that a certain value will be accepted by Nagios.

What is the maximum acceptable value for notification_interval?
I will talk to our Nagios Core developers to further investigate the issue.
I have tried to use a value of 1440 in the CCM bulk modification tool, but after using the tool, if I bring up the configuration of the service, Nagios has set the value to 0
Most likely you are having some kind of configuration issue. You shouldn't be having any issues with setting up the notification_interval to 1440... I just set up the same value on one of my services under the CCM, and after applying configuration I can see the expected config.
define service {
host_name OldWorkstation-NCPA
service_description Disk Usage on C:/
use xiwizard_ncpa_service
check_command check_xi_ncpa!-t 'token' -P 5693 -M 'disk/logical/C:|' -w '5' -c '10'!!!!!!!
max_check_attempts 5
check_interval 5
retry_interval 1
check_period xi_timeperiod_24x7
notification_interval 1440
notification_period xi_timeperiod_24x7
notifications_enabled 1
contacts nagiosadmin
_xiwizard ncpa
register 1
}
I would recommend that you open a new support ticket via our support center here so that we could help you out with setting up the notification_interval on your system.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!