Nagios Migration, Agent not working.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
hw59

Nagios Migration, Agent not working.

Post by hw59 »

Hey All,

I recently migrated Nagios latest version from RHEL 7 to RHEL 8. I did a new install on RHEL 8 and simply followed instructions from Nagios DOC how to migrate.

I am able to bring up the nagios site, and can see all my servers and alerts created, however the agent is not able to communicate with the host, even
with the new host having the same IP and hostname.

I've done some further troubleshooting and notice I get a missing libraries error when I try to run a check manually to a server (like ping) through command line on.
EX: ./check_ping: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I went and installed the exact library here and still same error, am I missing something? A path to the libraries perhaps, or specific packages. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
kg2857

Re: Nagios Migration, Agent not working.

Post by kg2857 »

If you restored a backup of the same version you installed on 8 the backup/restore procedure has a script that needs to be run.
Nagiosbaby

Re: Nagios Migration, Agent not working.

Post by Nagiosbaby »

You need to run the restore_repair.sh script in this article: https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf