Upgrade Issue 5.11.3 to 2024R1.1.2

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
COSIT

Upgrade Issue 5.11.3 to 2024R1.1.2

Post by COSIT »

Having issues upgrading our Nagios 5.11.3 to latest version 2024R1.1.2. Have tried In the Web interface it just gets and nothing happens. Then have tried in terminal with the upgrade switch. It gets to the end where you need to enter the password which I assume is mysql and password is accepted the first time and fails after the second prompt as the message below.

Our Nagios is installled Centos V7.9.2009

*** Main program, CGIs and HTML files installed ***

You can continue with installing Nagios as follows (type 'make'
without any arguments for a list of all possible options):

make install-init
- This installs the init script in /lib/systemd/system

make install-commandmode
- This installs and configures permissions on the
directory for holding the external command file

make install-config
- This installs sample config files in /usr/local/nagios/etc

make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/nagiosxi/subcomponents/nagioscore/nagios-4.4.13'
/usr/bin/install -c -m 755 -d -o root -g root /lib/systemd/system
/usr/bin/install -c -m 755 -o root -g root startup/default-service /lib/systemd/system/nagios.service
UPGRADE: Nagios Core upgraded OK.
Enter password:
Password failed.
Enter password:
Password validated.
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
danderson

Re: Upgrade Issue 5.11.3 to 2024R1.1.2

Post by danderson »

Thanks for reaching out @COSIT,

Before doing the upgrade, make sure that the root password is updated and accurate in /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/xi-sys.cfg and /usr/local/nagiosxi/etc/xi-sys.cfg. It will be the mysqlpass variable in that file.

I'm assuming that's the only issue you are encountering. Let me know if that doesn't resolve your issues.
COSIT

Re: Upgrade Issue 5.11.3 to 2024R1.1.2

Post by COSIT »

Thanks that has fixed our issue and was able to upgrade our Nagios successfully.