XI 5.5.3 RPMs?

Announcements and discussions about new and/or proposed product offerings.

XI 5.5.3 RPMs?

Postby peter.chase » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:16 am

Nagios XI 5.5.3 has been out for some time, does any one know when the RPMs will be made available at https://repo.nagios.com/ ? The repo page says up to two weeks, but it's been longer than that now.

Regards,

Pete Chase
peter.chase

Re: XI 5.5.3 RPMs?

Postby npolovenko » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Hello, @peter.chase. The XI 5.5.3 RPM should be available by the end of this week. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Postby npolovenko » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:19 pm

@peter.chase, Update. The new RPM should be out in about 10 minutes.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Postby peter.chase » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:49 am

That's excellent, thank you very much.

I do have a question about the nagiosxi-nxti RPM, I don't know if this is the best place to raise it, but I guess this counts as feedback:

nagiosxi-nxti provides snmptt, and replaces the snmptt package from EPEL in our environment. The ownership of /var/spool/snmptt in the EPEL pacakge is snmptt:snmptt, where as the nagiosxi-nxti package sets ownership to root:root. This seems cause issues for the service when deleting files in the directory, so they persist forever. It's easily fixable with chown, but a pain if the next lot of RPMs will include the same issue and overwrite the directory permissions. Could someone take a look?

Regards,

Pete Chase
peter.chase

Postby scottwilkerson » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:07 am

peter.chase wrote:That's excellent, thank you very much.

I do have a question about the nagiosxi-nxti RPM, I don't know if this is the best place to raise it, but I guess this counts as feedback:

nagiosxi-nxti provides snmptt, and replaces the snmptt package from EPEL in our environment. The ownership of /var/spool/snmptt in the EPEL pacakge is snmptt:snmptt, where as the nagiosxi-nxti package sets ownership to root:root. This seems cause issues for the service when deleting files in the directory, so they persist forever. It's easily fixable with chown, but a pain if the next lot of RPMs will include the same issue and overwrite the directory permissions. Could someone take a look?

Regards,

Pete Chase

thanks for reporting this!

It is being changed for future versions of the RPMs
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Return to Product Announcements & Feedback