Nagios Fusion - Subsystem Poller Not Running

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
jkats

Nagios Fusion - Subsystem Poller Not Running

Post by jkats »

Hi,

I have installed Nagios Fusion 2014R1.1 on a server. After installing, I restored a previously saved backup file from another Nagios Fusion server that has the same configuration (Fused Servers) that is to be used on all the Nagios Fusion servers. This seems to work, except that the system status shows a red circle for the Subsystem Poller. It thinks it is not running. However, I looked at the /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/poller.log file and it is being updated and the ownership and permissions look correct. It looks like the last run date for the poller is the date of the backup file when I move the mouse over the red status. I do see the poller entry in the crontab and the entry is listed as a running process. Is there a way to reset the status?

Thank you
tmcdonald

Re: Nagios Fusion - Subsystem Poller Not Running

Post by tmcdonald »

Are there any entries in /var/log/httpd/error_log that might point to a failed internal call?
Former Nagios employee
jkats

Post by jkats »

The error_log file contains the following:
Sun Jan 29 03:21:02 2017] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Sun Jan 29 03:21:02 2017] [notice] Digest: done
[Sun Jan 29 03:21:02 2017] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.3.3 mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_wsgi/3.2 Python/2.6.6 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 configured -- resuming normal operations

I noticed that after a day, one of the nagios fusion server's subsystem poller started up again and is green. However, other servers still are showing a red status w/ the old date. Is there a way to restart the poller at the command line?
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

The poller is just a cron job:

Code: Select all

[root@ssc66f ~]# cat /var/spool/cron/nagios
* * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /usr/local/nagiosfusion/cron/cmdsubsys.php > /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/cmdsubsys.log 2>&1
* * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /usr/local/nagiosfusion/cron/eventman.php > /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/eventman.log 2>&1
* * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /usr/local/nagiosfusion/cron/sysstat.php > /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/sysstat.log 2>&1
*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /usr/local/nagiosfusion/cron/dbmaint.php > /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/dbmaint.log 2>&1
*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /usr/local/nagiosfusion/cron/poller.php > /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/poller.log 2>&1
Generally when I see poller issues it's because of the script taking to look to poll a server, try editing this file:

/usr/local/nagiosfusion/cron/poller.php
Then for testing, set $max_time to something high (like 600 or even 900):

$max_time=300
Also, please check this log for errors as well:

/usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/load_url.log

Thank you