Issue with Nagios Fusion server

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
anjan

Issue with Nagios Fusion server

Post by anjan »

Hi Support ,

I am facing issue with my newly installed Nagios fusion instance ( VM image i.e. OVF downloaded from Nagios site and installed ) . I am not able to see centralized view from fusion web page though i can access my nagios core servers from the fusion web page links. all the datas are showing zero (0) in the server status in Tactical Summary. Also in log files i am getting the below error :
poll_server() CHECK YOUR LIVE_DATA_TIMEOUT SETTINGS. IT MAY NEED INCREASED

I have increase the polling time also tweaked as describe in the following URL,

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... Tuning.pdf

Thanks

Anjan
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Issue with Nagios Fusion server

Post by cdienger »

Are there any additional error messages in /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/poll_subsys.1.nagiosadmin.log ? If you see errors regarding memory, you'll need to increase the mem allocated to the php process. This can be done under Admin > System Configuration > System Settings > Data & Polling > Polling Configuration > Polling Subsystem Memory Limit. Try setting it to "1G".
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
anjan

Post by anjan »

Thanks for your prompt reply. Though I am not getting the memory error still I have increased the memory 1 G . I am getting only the following error in the log file you suggested.

2017-08-18 22:13:04[s: 0, u: 0] poll_server() unable to poll data for s:gms-in01-01, u:root, poll:alerts
2017-08-18 22:13:04[s: 0, u: 0] poll_server() CHECK YOUR LIVE_DATA_TIMEOUT SETTINGS. IT MAY NEED INCREASED
live_data_timeout: 300
start: 1503119584
end: 1503119584

Best Regards
Anjan
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Try increasing the default Live Data Timeout setting as well under Admin > System Configuration > System Settings > Data & Polling > Polling Configuration > Live Data Timeout. Try increasing this to 2 minutes at first to see if that helps and increase it more if you continue to get timeout error.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
anjan

Post by anjan »

I have increased it to 10 min but still i am not getting any data . Even increase it to 1 hour also didn't work. it may be any silly reason for that i am not getting data in the webpage it seems the log file is not giving proper messages.

Thanks

Anjan
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Are you able to telnet to the XI server on port 80 from the fusion server? You may need to install telnet first:

Code: Select all

yum -y install telnet
telnet XI_IP_ADDRESS 80
anjan

Post by anjan »

Hi ,

I have installed telnet on fusion server and it is now able to telnet on port 80 of core servers but still i am facing the same issue. Also i am getting the following error on /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/auth_subsys.log file is it something related ?

HP Notice: Undefined variable: auth_interval in /usr/local/nagiosfusion/cron/auth_subsys.php on line 25

Thanks

Anjan
anjan

Post by anjan »

sorry it is

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: auth_interval in /usr/local/nagiosfusion/cron/auth_subsys.php on line 25

And also the same error on /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/poll_subsys.log

2017-08-23 17:20:45[s: 0, u: 0] poll_server() unable to poll data for s:gms-in19-01, u:anjanm, poll:servicegroupmembers
2017-08-23 17:20:45[s: 0, u: 0] poll_server() CHECK YOUR LIVE_DATA_TIMEOUT SETTINGS. IT MAY NEED INCREASED

Thanks

Anjan
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I see them on my test machine as well so it's likely not related. Can you PM me a copy of the XI profile? It looks like it's able to connect but fails pulling specific items and makes me think there is something wrong on on the XI side of things.
anjan

Post by anjan »

I don't have XI but having Nagios core can you please let me know exact which file you want me to upload or which data . I am able to check the status without password on nagios core machine if i click any of the zero (0) value on table . Only the proper values / data is not coming on Nagios fusion page.

Thanks

Anjan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.