Fusion stopped reporting data from XI servers

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
PlumpyChunq

Fusion stopped reporting data from XI servers

Post by PlumpyChunq »

Hi,
Fusion had been working great, but now it's not reporting any data from our XI servers.
We are now getting "No servers have checked in with data yet. :(" from all our XI servers and we have no idea why.
It was working fine. It's a fairly new build (a couple of months).
Also, the "/var/lib/mysql/ibdata1" file has grown very large very quickly (16GB!) and filled up the disk. I had to grow the vmdk and add more filesystem.
any help would be awesome!!!
Thanks
--Jason
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Fusion stopped reporting data from XI servers

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @PlumpyChunq . The fact that your DB has significantly grown in size tells me that you may be monitoring a lot of services/hosts. Fusion works by pulling all kinds of data from all existing hosts and services, and then processing it for the user. So if you're monitoring hundreds of servers 16GB may be a normal size for the Database. If the database consumption is a big concern, you may enableIgnore XI host/service meta data option. That option can be enabled in Fusion Web Interface. Click on servers menu, and then on settings next to each individual fused server. You'll see this menu:
screen12345.png
As far as your first problem goes, please refer to this tutorial on optimizing Fusion:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... Tuning.pdf
You may also increase the number of simultaneous pollers from 1 to 2 or 3.

Could it be that Fusion stopped polling data after the memory got maxed out? Also, after you increase the VM memory size, you may want to restart fusion with:

Code: Select all

service httpd restart
service crond restart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
PlumpyChunq

Post by PlumpyChunq »

Thanks for your response.
This did not work. I'm not really concerned about the size of the file. I just got big fast and I didn't know if that was normal.
I had already changed the number of pollers to match the number of XI servers (14) but that didn't seem to make a difference. I have sense reduced it down to 5. I had already increased the memory to 8GB even though it looks like it's not memory bound at all.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@PlumpyChunq , We'd need to take a look at the log files. Can you upload:
/usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/poller.log and /var/log/httpd/error_log
Also, can you go to the Fused servers menu then clcik on edit settings. In that menu please run Test Fusion Settings. Do you see 2 green check marks, or are any of them red?
And finally, in Admin menu, click on System Status dashboard in the left column. Are all system statuses green on that dashboard?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
PlumpyChunq

Post by PlumpyChunq »

I ended up rebuilding the Fusion server with a bigger disk and it's working for now.
Thanks for you help.
Please close case.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Thanks for reporting back what you did to resolve the issue. I go ahead and lock the post for you.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!