Nagios Fusion Hostgroup Dashboard

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
aajibad1

Nagios Fusion Hostgroup Dashboard

Post by aajibad1 »

Hello,

I created a new Hostgroup on my Nagios XI server . The goal is to display the hostgroup data on nagios Fusion server using the hostgroup summary dashlet . However, when i select the Nagios server, I couldn't the new created Hostgroup from the drop down of the dashlet . I tried selecting a different Nagios Xi server, It works but it does not work for the particular Nagios XI . Any ideas ?
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Nagios Fusion Hostgroup Dashboard

Post by npolovenko »

@aajibad1, It might take a while for the fusion to sync up with the new host group data. So if you just created that host group you might need to wait an hour or so for it to show up. Other than that I'd just check the fused server settings in Fusion, make sure that the fused key is correct and that you get 2 green checkboxes when you click on "Test Fusion Settings". Also, please make sure that you're able to see the host group in "Hostgroup Summary" in XI.
Could it be that you forgot to click on "Apply Configuration" after you created that hostgroup?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
aajibad1

Post by aajibad1 »

I checked the fusion settings, it turns green. And apply the configurations . The new created dashboard also shows on the Hostgroup Summary on the XI . Thought? I tried other host group from other Nagios server, that works fine. Thought?
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@aajibad1, In Fusion when you were adding the XI server, did you authenticate with the same user credentials who originally created the host group? If you're authenticating with a non admin account, Fusion will only collect information that the selected user is authorized to see. Also, a couple of screenshots might help us faster identify your problem: 1. In XI server, navigate to CCM and click on Hostgorups. Send us a screenshot of the whole page.2. In Fusion, take a screenshot of the hotgroup summary dashlet configuration page, with a dropdown list of xi hostgroups.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
aajibad1

Post by aajibad1 »

the account user I am using is an admin user and also the creator of the host group . Please find attached screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@aajibad1, None of the host groups from your XI screenshot seem to appear on the Fusion screenshot. Are you sure you selected the right server? Also, I see a red status icon in Nagios Fusion. Please click on the Admin menu, take the screenshot of the whole status page and show it to us.
What version of Fusion are you using? Did you update it recently? What version of XI?
aajibad1

Post by aajibad1 »

Thats the problem right there, None of the hostgroup is showing on the Fusion server. yes, I selected the right server. The red status is for a new server I am configuring which I have solved . I am running Nagios Fusion 4.0.1. Attached is a screenshot of the status page .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@aajibad1, Are you experiencing this problem with the same XI server from your other post by chance?
aajibad1

Post by aajibad1 »

The same NagiosXI server is not having the same problem.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@aajibad1, Can you sign in to the Ashburn XI server one more time and send us a screenshot of a different portion of host groups. This time, we don't need to see hostgroups starting from "A", please scroll down until you see the "Notification" host group. Take a screenshot of the hostgroups page with the "notification" host group in a middle of a screen. Basically, we want to see which hostgroups are above and below the "notification" host group.