Nagios Fusion 4 Cannot Fetch Data

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
acvillaester

Nagios Fusion 4 Cannot Fetch Data

Post by acvillaester »

Hi,

I have a Nagios Server that uses SSO for authentication and I can't fetch data in Nagios Fusion because of SSO.
Is there a way to solve this problem? Or any workaround?

Other Nagios Servers works perfectly because it uses basic authentication.
Im using Nagios Core.

Thanks in advance.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Nagios Fusion 4 Cannot Fetch Data

Post by cdienger »

Can you provide details on how you have SSO configured with Nagios? People mean different things when they say SSO so I'd need some clarification on the current setup. Is it Core or XI? Active directory or LDAP? Fusion essentially just logs into the web UI of Nagios to pull data so providing it any Nagios credentials should work. With SSO there can be additional information and steps that need to be passed and Fusion isn't by default doing anything fancier than just passing username and password to Nagios.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
acvillaester

Post by acvillaester »

Hi,

Sorry for this late reply. First we are using Nagios Core and for SSO we are using LDAP.
This is the scenario, when I log in to Nagios it redirects to this page (https://sso.trade.gov.ng/signon/login.d ... rity_check)

Just let me know if you need more info to clarify the problem.

Thanks.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I suspect the https://sso.trade.gov.ng/signon/login.d ... rity_check site is probably not doing basic auth? Fusion does basic auth so if it is anything else, this isn't going to work. Even then, the redirects and setting of the token for SSO auth to work _may_ be too complicated for the Fusion auth logic. It isn't a setup that Fusion was intended for(hence not tested), but if you can confirm it is using basic auth and want to dig into it, let me know in a PM (some data requested will not be suitable for public forums) and we can look into it.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
acvillaester

Post by acvillaester »

Hi,

Is there a way that Fusion can be configured for a different authentication rather than basic authentication?

Thanks.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@acvillaester, Could you create a single user account on the Nagios Core server and make it use a basic authentication? All the other users will still use SSO.
acvillaester

Post by acvillaester »

Hi,

Already found a workaround for this. Thanks for your help.

Another thing, is it possible to add status in Nagios other than OK, Warning, Unknown, Critical and Pending?

Thanks.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

Hi, @acvillaester. Glad you figured that out.
As far as your question, It is not possible right now. What would be that use case for this? I can submit a feature request on your behalf if you'd like. Please keep in mind that the decision to implement the enhancement is at the sole discretion of our development team.
If you have any further questions not related to the original question please make a new thread. That way we'll make it easier for other users to lookup solutions in our forum.
acvillaester

Post by acvillaester »

Hi,

We already purchased a license on Nagios Fusion. It works for quite some time and suddenly now it cannot fetch data on all Nagios Core Servers.
I try to troubleshoot but no luck. Here's some info that may help:

1. tail -f /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/cmd_subsys.log
2018-04-11 16:30:01[s: 0, u: 0] cmd_subsys() called at 1523435401
2018-04-11 16:30:03[s: 0, u: 0] Processed 0 commands
2018-04-11 16:31:01[s: 0, u: 0] cmd_subsys() called at 1523435461
2018-04-11 16:31:02[s: 0, u: 0] Processed 0 commands

2. Before I have something like this in /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log
poll_subsys.1.nagiosadmin.log
poll_subsys.2.nagiosadmin.log
poll_subsys.3.nagiosadmin.log

but now it doesn't appear, seems no user able to fetch data.

Please help and let me know if you need further details. Thanks.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

In the Fusion interface, can you so to the Admin > System Status menu, screen capture it and add that to the post?
Can you run the following as root on the Fusion server and post the /tmp/varlog.tgz file?

Code: Select all

tar cvfz /tmp/varlog.tgz /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/*.log
Thanks
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!