connection to fusion lost after updating to new nagios versi

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
martin@boxit.net

connection to fusion lost after updating to new nagios versi

Post by martin@boxit.net »

We moved to a newer nagios core version (4.2.4) and now I am getting "unresponsive" back in nagios fusion (2014R1.1)

Server timeout. Nothing else has changed.
I removed it from nagios fusion and added it again, same error.

Thanks

Best

Martin
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: connection to fusion lost after updating to new nagios v

Post by cdienger »

Where are you seeing the "unresponsive" message? Please provide a screenshot.

Try editing the server settings under Configure > Servers > Managed Fused Servers to verify the settings and click "Update Server" to write settings again. Type the username and password again under Fused Server Credentials and Update Settings again to write those settings.

If the above doesn't help, please PM the *.log files found in /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
martin@boxit.net

Thanks a lot

I tried entering the creds and update server settings it several times

please see attached screenshot, it shows up under: server credentials

I cannot find the path to logs you were asking for

Attached is the folder on the nagios-fusion box, but there is no nagiosfusion folder

Best

Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

The logs I'm looking for would be on the Fusion server and it looks like you may be on the Core server.

What do the settings look like on Fusion under Manage Fused Server ? Is http or https being used to access Core? Does the Core interface come up if you click on the the URL link ? Is there anything preventing port 80 or 443 traffic between Core and Fusion machines? Check the iptables rules on both:

iptables -L
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
martin@boxit.net

Thanks,
I got the logs on the nagios fusion, is there a specific log? since there are a couple like:

cmdsubsys.log, dbmaint.log, eventman.log, load_url.log, poller.log etc.

Thanks
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

They're just text files so should zip up nicely and you can PM them to me.

Were you able to check the other points mentioned in the last post?
martin@boxit.net

Thanks and I will check for the logs.

I did and everything is the same as the other instances. We got like 43 nagios instances in fusion and 5 of them are having this issues now all of a sudden. We did not really change anything. The only what might be possible is the nagios instances (at least 3 of them) are newer version 4.2 instead of all the others. Could this be an issue? I wanted to upgrade fusion anyways so I can integrate the log server as well.

Thanks

Best

Martin
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Upgrade steps can be found at https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ctions.pdf if you'd like to test that out.

I also tested with a newer core version and didn't have any problems. The timeout/unresponsive message makes me think it's either something low level or credentials based. Do you see requests from fusion server to the core server if you look at the /var/log/http/access_log or /var/log/http/error_log on core ?
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

I agree with @cdienger on the recommendation to upgrade. Lot's of things were changed since the 2014R1.1 release.
martin@boxit.net

Thanks so much guys and I will check the logs and def try the upgrade.
Since its a vm I will take a snapshot and try and roll back if needed.

We have a lot of older nagios core machine, like 3.4.4. Would those be an issue to connect to the newer fusion version?

Thanks again

Best

Martin