Fusion box Alert route me to respective Nagios XI box

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
sac1472

Fusion box Alert route me to respective Nagios XI box

Post by sac1472 »

I have configured/fused 3 Nagios XI servers in single Fusion server, In a Tactical view when i click on any alert, it route me to respective Nagios XI server, so in short if i want to see any alert, i am routed to that Nagios XI server.

Instead of that i want functionality that if i click on any alert, it should be displayed/opened there in Fusion server itself.

How to achieve that, because i think there is no point if routed to respective Nagios XI box to check the alert. :roll:
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Fusion box Alert route me to respective Nagios XI box

Post by cdienger »

I'm not clear on what alerts you're clicking on the tactical overviews since these show statuses of hosts and services. Alerts can be seen under Home > Alerts, and while the links there point to XI, you don't need to follow them to see details(Recent alerts) should show alert output.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
sac1472

Post by sac1472 »

Hey Thanks for the reply.... 8-) I don't see any alerts under 'Recent Alerts' or 'Top Alerts Producers'
It says 'You have no recent alerts!' however alert count changes in Tactical OverView.

When i click on any alert present in 'Tactical Overview' it route me to login screen of respective Nagios XI server to see the alert and i don't want that, it should remain on Fusion box only and show alert details.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

It says 'You have no recent alerts!' however alert count changes in Tactical OverView.
What is the version of Nagios Fusion that you are currently using? Is the system status OK (do you see the green dot in the upper right corner)?

Please PM me the /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/fusion.log. We need to see what is happening in the backend.
When i click on any alert present in 'Tactical Overview' it route me to login screen of respective Nagios XI server to see the alert and i don't want that, it should remain on Fusion box only and show alert details.
When clicking on a link under the Tactical Overview, you would drill down (be taken to) the fused XI or Core server. This is by design and it is not going to change.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
sac1472

Post by sac1472 »

Thanks for the Revert on this...

I don't find fusion.log at given location.

Below logs are present there-
auth_subsys.log
cmd_subsys.log
dberrors.log
dbmaint_subsys.log
log_subsys.log
poll_subsys.1.gajanan.deshpande.log
poll_subsys.log
sysstat_subsys.log

Clarified that once click on particulaer alert will route to respective XI box, thanks for letting me know.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

If you haven't enabled logging yet, you could do it by going to Admin > System Settings, selecting a log level from the drop-down menu under the Logging Settings, and clicking on Update Settings.

Note: The "Error" level may be sufficient to track down the issue, but if needed, you could select "Debug", and look into the fusion.debug file.
example01.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sac1472

Post by sac1472 »

Yeah, thanks! enabled the Error log now.

But i don't see latest alerts under 'Recent Alerts' or 'Top Alert Producers' though Tactical overview refreshes and update the alerts received from Nagios XI servers.
See attached screenshots for your reference.

Checked error log as well, as no changes found log file is blank.
top alerts.PNG
recent alerts.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Did "/usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/fusion.log " generate after you enabled logging? If you do have this file, please PM it to me.
sac1472

Post by sac1472 »

Yeah now captured the error as -

Unable to poll data for Nagios XI
check your live_data_timeout settings. It may need increased.

So i went ahead and increased the value and no error there after in fusion log file.

I waited for a while and Still question remains... that i didn't see any alerts under> 'Recent Alerts' or 'Top Alert Producers.'
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

We've seen issues where sometimes, the Fusion server does not resume polling as normal after the polling issues have been "fixed". We haven't been able to determine what's causing this behavior. Unfusing and refusing the server usually helps in these cases. Can you try removing and re-adding the server, and let us know if this fixes your issue?