Hostgroup vs. Servicegroup Summary Dashlet

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
TBT

Hostgroup vs. Servicegroup Summary Dashlet

Post by TBT »

While modifying our custom Dashlets, I've been referring to the Hostgroup Summary and Servicegroup Summary dashlets included in Fusion 4.1.5. I've noticed the following behavior while adding to Dashboard.

Hostgroup Summary Dashlet Select a server, the Hostgroup drop-down menu is then populated with all hostgroups from the selected server, regardless if the hostgroup is empty or has network elements associated with it.

Servicegroup Summary Dashlet Select a server, the Servicegroup drop-down menu is ONLY populated with a servicegroup from the selected server if the servicegroup has one or more network elements associated with it. If the servicegroup is empty, the drop down menu does not provide any listing.

Perhaps you can lend some insight into what allows the Hostgroup Summary Dashlet to populate the dropdown menu with all available hostgroups (regardless of count) so that I may populate all Servicegroups in a similar fashion?

Thanks in advance.
Nagios XI 5.9.1 (8 Servers)
Nagios Fusion 2024R1.0.2
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Hostgroup vs. Servicegroup Summary Dashlet

Post by npolovenko »

Hi, @TBT. Thanks for pointing this out! I confirmed and filed an internal bug report.
As far as attempting to change the servicegroup_summary dashlet, you may take a look at the source code in this folder:
/usr/local/nagiosfusion/html/includes/dashlets/servicegroup_summary/
And compare it to:
/usr/local/nagiosfusion/html/includes/dashlets/hostgroup_summary/
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
TBT

Post by TBT »

npolovenko wrote:Hi, @TBT. Thanks for pointing this out! I confirmed and filed an internal bug report.
As far as attempting to change the servicegroup_summary dashlet, you may take a look at the source code in this folder:
/usr/local/nagiosfusion/html/includes/dashlets/servicegroup_summary/
And compare it to:
/usr/local/nagiosfusion/html/includes/dashlets/hostgroup_summary/
Once a fix is in place, can we make arrangements to get a copy of the Dashlet, rather than waiting for the next Fusion release?
Nagios Fusion 2024R1.0.2
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@TBT, Sure. I don't have the ETA at this point. But feel free to PM me after some time(a month or two) and If the devs will release a fix I'll share it with you.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
TBT

Post by TBT »

Nothing really stood-out while comparing the suggested servicegroup_summary vs hostgroup_summary, do you have an additional suggestions?
Nagios Fusion 2024R1.0.2
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

TBT wrote:Nothing really stood-out while comparing the suggested servicegroup_summary vs hostgroup_summary, do you have an additional suggestions?
I looked into this a little and it is not a problem with the dashlet, but the polling, it will take a deeper dive to figure out why the polling isn't grabbing empty service groups.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

I wanted to come back and let you know what was found. The problem is actually an XI issue, which will be in 5.5.6 when released (I just missed our cutoff for 5.5.5)

However, if you extract the attachment and place it in /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/db/queries.inc.php on your XI servers, it should resolve the issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
TBT

Post by TBT »

scottwilkerson wrote:I wanted to come back and let you know what was found. The problem is actually an XI issue, which will be in 5.5.6 when released (I just missed our cutoff for 5.5.5)

However, if you extract the attachment and place it in /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/db/queries.inc.php on your XI servers, it should resolve the issue.
I currently have a few XI 5.4.13 hosts in production, is this fix only applicable to 5.5.x?
Nagios Fusion 2024R1.0.2
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

There shouldn't be any problem adding this to 5.4.13 and I believe it will still resolve the issue.

The issue was a very slight difference in the queries for servicegroup members that didn't return them if empty, when it should have like the hostgroup members queries did.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
TBT

Post by TBT »

I will give it a try in DEV and report back.
Nagios Fusion 2024R1.0.2