Nagios Email alerts problem

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
itbilling

Nagios Email alerts problem

Post by itbilling »

Is there a way when we do downtime of all hosts, We do not want notification from services in Email. Our emails are flooded with downtime Services Emails.

As if the host is down it is assume services are down too. So what configuration/changes are required to achieve this ?

What should be the settings for up-time alert also ?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Nagios Email alerts problem

Post by lmiltchev »

You can easily schedule a downtime for all services on the same host - it is just one extra click. Under "Host Status Detail" ("Advanced" tab), click on "Schedule downtime" to schedule downtime for the host, and click on "Schedule downtime for all services on this host" to schedule a downtime for the services.
example01.PNG
If you had your hosts in a hostgroup, you could schedule a downtime for all hosts and services in the hostgroup by going to Home->Hostgroup Summary->View Hostgroup Commands.
example03.PNG
What should be the settings for up-time alert also ?
Can you elaborate on this? Are you talking about modifying the Notification Preferences?

Each user can modify his/her Notification Preferences and select/deselect any "notification type" option. I the example below, I selected all of the notification types.
example02.PNG
If I don't want to receive "Host Downtime" or "Service Downtime" emails, I would clear these check-boxes and click on "Update Settings".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
itbilling

Post by itbilling »

Yes I am talking about email notification changing. We do not want notification for Service down alert. We accept that
when host is down it is assume that services are down too. So what configuration/changes are required to achieve this ?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

We accept that
when host is down it is assume that services are down too. So what configuration/changes are required to achieve this ?
Usually, you shouldn't receive service notifications when host is down but this depends on how you have configured the check_interval, max_check_attempts and retry_interval for the host/services. Read the Box293's explanation here:

https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 10#p103689

If you are scheduling a downtime for a host, schedule all of the services on this host for downtime as well. This way, you won't get notified for sure.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
itbilling

Post by itbilling »

We are running Nagios XI 2014R2.7 version and when I checked Emails Notifications options it is not supported by the version we are using.Screen shot attached. So what changes are required to Stop only the Service Downtime alerts. Also we had a recurring Downtime Schedule for all of our servers. Recently I seen that there are same downtime scheduled for all servers multiple times. How to fix that issue as well ? I can manually remove the unwanted downtimes but is there a fix for this as well. Screenshot attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

I believe you have an open support ticket with this problem, please refer to the response that was sent to your ticket.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.