Notification configuration help

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
CJIndustries

Notification configuration help

Post by CJIndustries »

Hello,

Is there a way to setup the notifications to send only one notification per status change? EX: One email when a switch port goes down and one email when the port comes back up.

I'm using the standard notification config that sends an email every hour there is a problem. So if a switch port goes down on Friday, I will come in on Monday and have several emails for that downed port. I have several ports that go down over the weekend so I end up with hundreds of emails on Monday.

Thanks in advance.
Mike
bwallace

Re: Notification configuration help

Post by bwallace »

Try modifying the notification_interval under the alert settings tab. Setting it to to zero will mean only one notification will be sent no matter how many times a host (or service) is detected as down. To receive a notification when it is back up, make sure you enable the 'R' or Recovery option - this is also under the Alert settings tab --> notifications options.
Be sure to check out the Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
CJIndustries

Post by CJIndustries »

Worked like a charm. Thank you.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

It sounds like this issue has been resolved. Is it okay if we lock this thread? Thanks for choosing the Nagios forums!