No emails being sent

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
snapon_admin

No emails being sent

Post by snapon_admin »

Our Nagios server randomly stopped sending email notifications today. The notifications report shows them being sent, and if I send a test email that gets sent properly so my settings are correct, but the alerts aren't actually being sent. On version 5.4.3.
Last edited by snapon_admin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
snapon_admin

Re: No emails being sent

Post by snapon_admin »

I've noticed my CPU I/O wait. is going up quite a bit and this seems to be the culprit. Emails are being sent now, but they're all old ones from yesterday
snapon_admin

Post by snapon_admin »

Ok, something is seriously wrong here. My disk space, that was at 70% full on friday is now 100% and I cannot get it to go down or figure out what's filling it up. Is there an off hours support contact I can use?
snapon_admin

Post by snapon_admin »

What is the support email address for opening up a ticket with Nagios again? I need this resolved asap and would like to have a remote session set up or something quicker than a support forum.
mcapra

Post by mcapra »

As a reminder, our normal business hours (Central Time, -5 UTC) are as follows:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm

Our support email is customersupport@nagios.com if you would like to open a ticket. We prefer to either have a ticket or forum post for an issue though, not both. We can proceed however you like.

For starters, i'd be interested in seeing a system profile. Can you share one here, or attach it when you submit a ticket? From the Nagios XI GUI, you can gather a profile via Admin -> System Profile -> Download Profile.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
snapon_admin

Post by snapon_admin »

Profile attached. And yeah, I know your support hours and wasn't expecting a response from you guys here over the weekend. I was just curious if you do have an after hours support available or not, would be useful to know for future reference. As far as proceeding with a forum thread or the ticket, I'd prefer to proceed with whichever option is faster at this point. We're still getting duplicate day old emails and the I/O wait on the CPU is still too high. Checks seem to be running on time which is good, but the email thing is an issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snapon_admin

Post by snapon_admin »

Opened a ticket. I really hate to be a pest on this, I know you guys are busy and have lots of other clients to help. I just need to get this fixed like, yesterday.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Locking due to ticket #2017042410000184.