Scheduled reports 5.5.4 hostgroup and service data missing

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
CBoekhuis

Scheduled reports 5.5.4 hostgroup and service data missing

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi,

We still have huge problems with the scheduled reports. Attached a correct report and the last one that was created with the scheduler.
We notice also that the content in the fields are different (parentesis part is now missing and a link is showen at the bottom).
Also is the performance very,very poor. Some reports also show the default hourglass in the report. This is since the upgrade to 5.5.2 and is still in 5.5.3 and 5.5.4.
In other reports the the charts are missing. Running the reports in Chrome and save as jpg file looks fine but pdf is a mess.

Regards
Christian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Scheduled reports 5.5.4 hostgroup and service data missi

Post by lmiltchev »

Open the "/usr/local/nagiosxi/html/config.inc.php" file in a text editor, and add the following line somewhere before the "DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE" section.

Code: Select all

$cfg['old_browser_compat'] = 1;
Save and exit. This should fix the issue with the "spinning circles"/missing data in reports.
We notice also that the content in the fields are different (parentesis part is now missing and a link is showen at the bottom).
How the reports were scheduled? Are they supposed to be sent with or without details (Show/Hide details option selected)? The hosts (host and display names) and will show up only if the "Show details" option is selected... If this option is not selected, then only the "Average" would be shown.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
CBoekhuis

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi,

adding the parameter to config.inc.php solves the hourglass and the missing charts.

The problem with the "show detail" in the pdf reports is still there. On screen when i hit "show detail" and then mail the report it shows all rows, but in the scheduled report i see only the " show detail" text. There is no option in the report or report scheduler to show detail. Looks new to me, compared to the SLA_correct_one.pdf i attached.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

So, let's clarify - when you click on "Show details" or "Hide details" link in the PDF report, you are not able to view the "short" or the "detailed" report (page), correct? Do you see "localhost" in the URL, instead of the IP address (or hostname) of your Nagios XI server? If this is the case, try the "workaround", posted here:

https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... la#p263457

Basically, you need to replace the original /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/reports/sla.php file with the "pached" version, available for download. Alternatively, you can wait for the Nagios XI 5.5.5 release, which should be out soon.
CBoekhuis

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi Imilchev,

i do not click on links in pdf files. If you compare the attached files SLA_wrong_one.pdf en de SLA_correct_one.pdf you will see that the wrong is diferent. All the rows are gone and only the text "All hosts averaged. Show details" is showen.

Hope my explanation is clear enough.
jforcier

Post by jforcier »

lmiltchev wrote:Do you see "localhost" in the URL, instead of the IP address (or hostname) of your Nagios XI server? If this is the case, try the "workaround", posted here:

https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... la#p263457

Basically, you need to replace the original /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/reports/sla.php file with the "pached" version, available for download. Alternatively, you can wait for the Nagios XI 5.5.5 release, which should be out soon.
Can you clarify whether or not you can see localhost in the URL? And if so try the fix that is linked above. This is a known issue that is fixed in our next release.
CBoekhuis

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi,

I do not see "localhost" just the fully qualifyed hostname.
But that is not the issue i'm dealing with.
I've update to 5.5.5 and my problem is still the same:

when i run a report it looks like "Report_wrong.jpg"
Report_wrong.jpg
with the URL "All hosts average. Show details"

So , when we mail the report we do not see the collapsed rows like in "Report_correct.jpg"
Report_correct.jpg
Let me know if i'm not clear enough!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

When you initially run the SLA report, you will always see the "short" version. If you want to see more details, you click on the "Show details" page. Whether or not the PDF is the "short" or the "detailed" version would depend on which one you actually scheduled. Try the following:

1. Go to Reports > SLA Report > select a hostgroup > click on Run. This should be the "less detailed" version. Schedule the report, named it "short", type "short" in the subject, and click on "Save" . Go to My Scheduled Reports, find "short", and click on "Send Now".

2. Go to Reports > SLA Report > select a hostgroup > click on Run. Click on the "Show details" link. This should be the "more detailed" version. Schedule the report, named it "detailed", type "detailed" in the subject, and click on "Save" . Go to My Scheduled Reports, find "detailed", and click on "Send Now".

3. Check your email. Open both PDFs (the "short" and the "detailed" version). Do they match with the actual reports that have been scheduled?
CBoekhuis

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi,
this works. I'll have to reschedule a few hundred of reports. :evil:
It would have been nicer if there was an option to select details or not and hide the "show detail" link in the report as it was before.

Regards,
Christian
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

I am glad it's working for you! Sorry for the inconvenience/extra work. Do you have any further questions or it's OK to close this topic? Thanks!