CHECK_NRPE: Invalid packet type received from server.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
DrewDennis

CHECK_NRPE: Invalid packet type received from server.

Post by DrewDennis »

Hey guys and gals - I just started getting this error from 2 of my SQL cluster nodes after a reboot. Not sure why. the check is ::
rmg_clustererror = check_eventlog "scan-range=-360m" "truncate-message=1023" "file=system" "warn=none" "crit=count>0" "filter=(level='error' AND source='Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering')"

This is configured in my nsclient.ini file on each of the cluster nodes. Any input is appreciated!

-Drew
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: CHECK_NRPE: Invalid packet type received from server.

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @DrewDennis. Did you update the XI server recently? Please find the check_nrpe command and add -2 to force version 2 packets, and then Apply Configuration:
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
DrewDennis

Post by DrewDennis »

No - It's a "stock" install we did a few weeks ago with the latest build. There is an update but it would not install so we rolled back. I'll try changing the nrpe and report back... THanks!

D
DrewDennis

Post by DrewDennis »

Update - added -2 to the check_nrpe command. No change.
DrewDennis

Post by DrewDennis »

I now have this error on 3 separate clusters after reboots have taken place. It was working properly before reboots....crazy!
DrewDennis

Post by DrewDennis »

Solution found.

https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=42575

We can close this one out...
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@DrewDennis, Thanks for sharing the solution with us. I will be closing this thread as resolved.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.