World Map

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
smersh

World Map

Post by smersh »

The new component, World Map, requires geographic coordinates not only for hosts, but also for services.
This makes impossible to use services allocated for hostgroups.
Is it possible to fix this issue?
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: World Map

Post by npolovenko »

@smersh, Just to confirm, you're trying to insert geo-coordinates in a host group and be able to see all hosts and dependent services on the world map? As of right now, it is not possible to add hosts using a hostgroup. But I can submit this feature request on your behalf if you'd like?
If you're familiar with Nagvis you can check out the built-in World Map option. It can do hostgroup and servicegroup icons.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
smersh

Post by smersh »

Let me describe my setup.
I have about 400 hosts. All these hosts are divided into several hostgroups.
Services are not assigned to any host directly, instead, services are assigned to the hostgroups.
Every host has coordinate values in the "Notes" field.
No services are displayed on the world map, only hosts. There's no way to set coordinates to services in my setup.
I believe this is a very common setup when many similar hosts are monitored.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@smersh, You're making a valid point. I will post an internal feature request on your behalf to be able to assign coordinates to a host group and be able to automatically see all hosts and respective services on the world map.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
smersh

Post by smersh »

Thanks,
Hope to see updates soon.

Regards,
NJ
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@smersh, I can't guarantee how fast it's going to be implemented. It depends on the complexity of the change and also on the current dev queue. Keep an eye on the change log or feel free to PM me or any other support tech to inquire about the status:
https://www.nagios.com/downloads/nagios-xi/change-log/