Links to NagVis Map URLs that don't require login

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
aastaguy

Links to NagVis Map URLs that don't require login

Post by aastaguy »

Hello,

I am trying to get a map in Nagvis posted to our NOC screen on a rotating display with other various links. Basically, I have the URL but it requires a login. Is there a way to not require a login or a different way to post a url?

Thanks!
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Links to NagVis Map URLs that don't require login

Post by cdienger »

There's an auto-login feature under Admin > System Config > Automatic Login, that may be useful here. Essentially you create or use an existing user account to login automatically so you can request pages directly.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
aastaguy

Post by aastaguy »

Thanks, I enabled this test user and now I imagine I have to tell the nagvis map to use that test user that gets logged in automatically?
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Pull up the nagvis map in the XI interface and then menu in the top right corner to get the permalink - once you have that you should be able to go directly to that link without having to login.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
aastaguy

Post by aastaguy »

Can I then get rid of the menu on the left and the Nagios toolbar at the top? If I go to the file location in the cli and change header menu to 0 for this map, it only gets rid of the top part of the nagvis toolbar, not the left half or the overall Nagios XI toolbar.

Thanks!
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

There's a + icon in the top left corner that will hide the side and header. Does this help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aastaguy

Post by aastaguy »

Thanks for this, is there a way to automatically make this happen when I click on the permalink or hide it in the CLI? Right now I can click on the permalink, and then click to hide. Ideally, because this will be on a rotating set of pages, it will be full screen automatically with no intervention.

Thanks for your help!
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I'm not finding a straight forward way to do that, but if you use the XI views, you would only need to expand the screen once and it would stay expanded while rotating - https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... -Views.pdf
aastaguy

Post by aastaguy »

Thanks for this, what I found out was that you can click "pop out" on a map after adding it to your "views" which is right above the permalink feature and that will get you a full screen shot with URL that I can now paste into my script.

Seems to be working great at the moment. Thanks for all of your help!
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

aastaguy wrote:Thanks for this, what I found out was that you can click "pop out" on a map after adding it to your "views" which is right above the permalink feature and that will get you a full screen shot with URL that I can now paste into my script.

Seems to be working great at the moment. Thanks for all of your help!
Great!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com