Multiple Backups initiated

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Bitflogger

Multiple Backups initiated

Post by Bitflogger »

Hello, I'm running v5.6.6 on a 64-bit VM, CentOS 7 server.

I do a backup before upgrading. I have had the experience of having a backup inititiated from the GUI produce two, and in the case of the 5.6.6 upgrade, three backups running at the same time. As long as I have a lot of disk space available, it slows the system, delays the (manual) upgrade, but does not damage anything.

I will go to a manual initiation of a backup for the next upgrade, but this seems like something that should be fixed.

Earl
benjaminsmith

Re: Multiple Backups initiated

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Earl,

I tested this my my system (5.6.6) and was not able to repeat it. When upgrading, Nagios XI it will create a backup first. So if you start a Local Backup and then upgrade that would be expected behavior as the backups take some time to complete. As far as three backups at the sometime, it's possible two local backups were initiated by the browser before completing.

I would recommend spacing the backups and upgrades sufficiently apart in order avoid any slowing down or overloading the server.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
Bitflogger

Re: Multiple Backups initiated

Post by Bitflogger »

Hello,

I waited until the two backups were completed, then I killed the third one, before starting the upgrade.

I will initiate a backup manually next time.

Please lock the case.