report for planned and unplanned downtime

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ar0431

report for planned and unplanned downtime

Post by ar0431 »

How we can generate report for planned and unplanned downtime from nagios xi with graph or chart view.
benjaminsmith

Re: report for planned and unplanned downtime

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @ar0431,

In Nagios XI, there are two kind of downtime - recurring and scheduled. You can view any downtime scheduled from their respective pages by going to Home > Incident Management > Scheduled Downtime or Recurring Downtime.

In Nagios XI, you can schedule any page by clicking the 'hamburger' menu in the upper right hand corner of the page. So if you need a PDF of this page generated on a recurring time interval, you can set that up using the Schedule Page feature.

Let us know if you have any questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @ar0431,

In Nagios XI, there are two kind of downtime - recurring and scheduled. You can view any downtime scheduled from their respective pages by going to Home > Incident Management > Scheduled Downtime or Recurring Downtime.

In Nagios XI, you can schedule any page by clicking the 'hamburger' menu in the upper right hand corner of the page. So if you need a PDF of this page generated on a recurring time interval, you can set that up using the Schedule Page feature.

Let us know if you have any questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

ar0431

Post by ar0431 »

Sorry, It looks like I could not explain my question properly. So I need to generate "report" for last month. How many time servers were down for planned (scheduled) downtime and How many time servers were down with unplanned by critical error or some other reason. So I want to generate a report.
I want to generate a report on the bases of the history of downtime.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello,

For that kind of data, the best option is to use the Availability Report in Nagios XI. You run this over past periods to determine which hosts or services were up or down. Additionally, you can choose to either hide or include hosts or services in scheduled downtime.

There's also the Legacy Availability report which has a different format for data. To access this version, go to Reports > Legacy Reports > Availability.

Generating Reports With Nagios XI

ar0431

Post by ar0431 »

I found the "executive Summary" report. But can we add "total number of hosts" and total number of services" being monitored in the same report(Executive Summary) ???

And in that report(Executive Summary), "alert Histogram" not changing to "Alerts by Day of the Month".
ar0431

Post by ar0431 »

I also saw there are other reports like "Alert Stream" and "Alert Histogram" and "notifications". Can we join these reports into one report?? Is there any way to combine these reports into one. Like we can make our own "dashboard".
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello,

If the data is being displayed by a dashlet, you can select the blue icon in the upper left to add the dashlets to a custom dashboard. You can also schedule dashboards using the Schedule Page option.

ar0431

Post by ar0431 »

I just gave the example of dashboard. But I want to combine the different reports into one.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello,

You cannot combine reports into one. We are planning to add new reporting capabilities in Nagios 6.