Not receiving traps from Nagios 5.6.6

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dfmco

Re: Not receiving traps from Nagios 5.6.6

Post by dfmco »

Would not let me send both files to you (text output and zip requested). I tried to send a second message but the PM would not let me send so close together. I will try to PM the SNMP zip in about 10 minutes. Hopefully that will be long enough to get the next message to you.
dfmco

Post by dfmco »

PMs sent. Also, I fixed our automation which had added back the "disableAuthorization yes" line. That line had been commented out and snmptrapd restarted.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Received, analyzing now. I'll post an update shortly.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Please do this:

First, restart snmptrapd :

Code: Select all

systemctl restart snmptrapd
Then send me fresh output of this command:

systemctl status snmptrapd
Then run this tail command (as root, and LEAVE IT RUNNING):

tail -Fn0 /var/log/messages /var/log/snmptt/*.log
Then run this command in another SSH session on the server:
- Replance your engineID, user, authProtocol, authPass, privProtocol, and privPass values below with yours

snmptrap -e 0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -v 3 -u xxxx -a XXX -A XxXxXxXx -X XxXxXxXx -x XXX -l authPriv localhost 42 coldStart.0
Then send me the FULL output of the still running tail command above once you've done that so that I can review it (you can PM).
dfmco

Post by dfmco »

Any new updates from the PM I sent on Monday?

Thanks!
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Sorry, my mistake. There were no files attached, it just shows a quote of what I sent, I thought you were using it a reminder or something, I should have replied but I didn't see any text in the message stating anything was expected to be attached and thought what I did above. Please attach them, make sure you click the Add the file button after selecting the attachment with the Browse button.

Thank you!
dfmco

Post by dfmco »

I sent 3 files to you over the course of the day in PM. The first was the commands to run and 2 & 3 bot showed new information on what I was getting from the routers.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Please create a ticket for this and include a link back to this forum thread so we can get a remote session setup:

https://support.nagios.com/tickets/
Please create the ticket as that's what we'll use for communication but I'll PM you the booking link for my calendar, schedule for when we can get access and try to get you a resolution to this.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Locking thread, ticket received, we will continue support through the ticket.