NagiosXI Hardstate post first check attempt

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
mejokj

NagiosXI Hardstate post first check attempt

Post by mejokj »

Hello,

We are facing an issue on our nagiosXI for a few of the service shows hard state on first check attempt even the services having max_check_attempt value 5. Also, these services are not sending any recovery alerts for affected services once services are coming back to normal. I have attached the screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benjaminsmith

Re: NagiosXI Hardstate post first check attempt

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @mejokj,

Can you pull a state history report for one of these services for the time period in question and select both for State Type and any for State.
state-history-4.png
You may have a hard condition if this service was transitioning from one non-ok state type to another.
Also, these services are not sending any recovery alerts for affected services once services are coming back to normal. I have attached the screenshot.
Have you checked the configurations to make sure recovery notifications have been enabled? Please send over your system profile along with the exact name of the host and service so we can review the logs and configurations.

To send us your system profile.
Login to the Nagios XI GUI using a web browser.
Click the "Admin" > "System Profile" Menu
Click the "Download Profile" button
Save the profile.zip file and share this in a private message and then reply to this post to bring it up in the queue.

Lastly, are running the latest version? If not, I would recommend upgrading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!