Notifications

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
kalyanpabolu

Notifications

Post by kalyanpabolu »

Hi team,

Can we configure the notifications in Nagios to be sent to contacts within a specific duration of time?

We have got below requirement:

"Can we configure Nagios to send notification emails to user ONLY between 6:15 am and 9:30 pm GST. "

Please let me know if it is possible in Nagios XI, if yes, how to achieve that?

Nagios XI version : 5.7.3

Thanks in advance!!
benjaminsmith

Re: Notifications

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,
Can we configure the notifications in Nagios to be sent to contacts within a specific duration of time?
That can be easily done using Time Periods. Just go to Configure > CCM > Alerting > Time Periods and create a new time period for 6:15 am and 9:30 pm.
notification-times.png
Then add this time period to your Contact under the Alert Settings Tab. Change the Host Notifications Timeperiod and Service Notifications Timeperiod to the new one and be sure to Apply Configuration.

Let us know if that works for you.

Benjamin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
kalyanpabolu

Post by kalyanpabolu »

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!!

I have made the changes, will get back to you if we face any issues.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,
I have made the changes, will get back to you if we face any issues.
Sounds good. We'll keep this thread open.

Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!